8 - 14 Avenue de la Paix
in Geneva 1202
Organized by the Permanent Mission of Sweden to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva, International Gender Champions and the Geneva Centre for Security Policy, in collaboration with the United Nations Office at Geneva.
This event includes:
- An opening musical performance by Opera Singer and UNCHR Goodwill Ambassador, Barbara Hendricks.
- A reading of the documentary play, SEVEN by Paula Cizmar, Catherine Filloux, Gail Kriegel, Carol K. Mack, Ruth Margraff, Anna Deavere Smith and Susan Yankowitz
- And a discussion with readers and experts from International Geneva - How do we turn policies into practices, build a culture of respect and accountability, and create Safe Spaces where human dignity is upheld for all?
The readers of SEVEN include :
- General Sir Richard Shirreff, Former NATO Deputy Supreme Commander Europe
- Anja Wyden Guelpa, State Chancellor of Geneva
- Monica Ferro, International Gender Champion and Director UNFPA Geneva
- Sophia Pierre-Antoine, World YWCA activist from Haiti
About SEVEN on Tour:
SEVEN has toured 42 countries, including NATO HQ and the European Parliament. It weaves together the stories of seven courageous women activists from Russia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Afghanistan, Guatemala and Cambodia who overcame abuse of power and advanced Women’s rights. Diverse actors have come together to read the powerful testimonies, and in doing so transformed mindsets and behaviours. SEVEN has strengthened cooperation between stakeholders from grass root to governmental level and empowered individual activists in their local communities.
#7ontourGeneva will be the first reading within the United Nations, and the first in Switzerland!
#Press for Progress - Turn Policies into Practices
SEVEN will take place during the week leading up to the Human Rights Council meeting focusing on Women’s rights, when a diverse international and diplomatic audience will be gathering. The aim is support International Geneva 'walk the talk' in leading a culture of respect and accountability to uphold human dignity, and create organisations that are free of harassment, abuse and discrimination. SEVEN will catalyse and amplify work already being done to make our Assemblies harassment-free, to challenge sexist attitudes and to create spaces for diverse voices to be heard.
Join the journey to create Safe Spaces together.
>>> Mandatory registration HERE <<<