The 2021 Generation Equality Forum was a historic international conference convened by UN Women, with the governments of Mexico and France. The Forum concluded in Paris with the announcement of revolutionary Commitments and a Global Acceleration Plan set to advance gender equality by 2026 and help achieve the Beijing Platform for Action along with the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Forum is organised around six thematic Action Coalitions:
- Gender-Based Violence
- Economic justice and rights
- Bodily autonomy and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)
- Feminist action for climate justice
- Technology and innovation for Gender Equality
- Feminist movements and leadership
Many IGC Champions are dedicated leaders of Global Action Coalitions and the Women, Peace & Security and Humanitarian Action (WPS-HA) Compact.
- Find out who the Leaders of the Action Coalition are.
- Explore the database of the Generation Equality Forum Commitments.
- Watch recordings of the Generation Equality Forum on this YouTube Channel.
IGC Generation Equality Commitment
The International Gender Champions Secretariat is collaborating with the United Nations Foundation and the "network of networks" Nest to socialise and deepen stakeholders engagement amongst Champions by sharing information and acting as a conduit.
The I Say No To Sexism - What do you say? Campaign:
The International Gender Champions Secretariat has set a Generation Equality Commitment to re-launch the campaign I Say No To Sexism - What do you say?
The campaign was originally a personal commitment of former UN Geneva Director-General and International Gender Champion Michael Møller.
The objective of the campaign is to:
- Encourage IGC Champions to uphold the IGC Gender-Based Violence Pledge. In January 2022, this new Pledge became a core commitment, alongside the Panel Parity Pledge.
- Raise awareness of the harm done by casual sexism and gender-based violence from an intersectional approach.
- Hold outreach activities, capacity-building and actions to encourage and empower Champions to counter casual sexism and gender-based violence.
- Foster a change in the mindsets, change the culture and generate safe environments for all free of stigma, sexism, and violence.
- Amplify and mobilise support for transformative change to achieve the goals of the Action Coalition on Gender-Based Violence.
- Watch recordings of Champions expressing their support for the GBV Pledge in this YouTube playlist.
- Explore a workshop, an interview and a guide on integrating an intersectional approach into Champions' commitments.
- Learn more about IGC "Leadership Exchanges" with former President of Finland Tarja Halonen and former Prime Minister of New Zealand Helen Clark.