Rue de Lausanne 154
in Geneva 1202
The IGC Trade Impact Group will hold its 5th workshop following the adoption of the Buenos Aires Declaration on Trade and Women's Empowerment.
Join the workshop to discuss how digital trade can offer opportunities for women and women-owned enterprises!
Registration by e-mail to email@example.com before 26 June 6 p.m.
10:00 – 10:30: Opening session – setting the scene
Welcome words by the hosts and introduction to the speakers, followed by opening keynote interventions by high level representatives
- Roberto Azevêdo, Director General, WTO
- Mukhisa Kituyi, Secretary General, UNCTAD
- Arancha González, Executive Director, International Trade Centre
10H30 – 15H00 (WITH LUNCHBREAK): Session 1: The Big Picture for women in digital trade: current status and trends, opportunities, challenges and key issues
10H30 - 12H00: Session 1 Panel 1 - Moderator: Ambassador Makeda Antoine-Cambridge, Trinidad & Tobago
- Javier Lopez-Gonzalez, Senior Trade Policy Analyst, OECD
- Michael Ferratino, Lead Economist, Global Product Specialist, Trade Policy and Integration, World Bank Group
- Ankai Xu, Research Economist, WTO
- ITU (speaker, tbc)
12H00 – 14H00: Lunch break
14H00 – 15H00: Session 1 Panel 2 - Moderator: Madelaine Tuininga, Head of Unit, DG TRADE, European Commission
- Mark Wu, Henry L. Stimson Professor of Law, Harvard
- Candace Nkoth Bisseck, eTrade for Women Project Manager, UNCTAD
- Frances Lisson, Ambassador to the WTO, Australia
- Oonagh Fitzgerald, Center for International Governance Innovation
15H00 – 17H00: Session 2: Women in digital trade from the practitioners perspective: real life stories, good practices; about challenges and overcoming them.
15H00 – 16H00: Session 2 - Panel 1 - Moderator: Kimberley Botwright, World Economic Forum (WEF)
Speakers (speaking order to be confirmed) :
- Annika Lucien, Head of Business for Northern Europe, Evaneos
- Suzette Hudson, Senior Advisor, Investment Promotion, Caribbean Export Development Agency
- Nafy Diagne, Fondatrice AWALEBIZ
- James Howe, Senior Advisor, International Trade Centre
16H00 - 17H00: Session 2 - Panel 2 - Moderator: Ambassador Stephen de Boer, Canada
Speakers (speaking order to be confirmed):
- Nina Angelovska, Grouper.mk
- Olivier Prothmann,President, Bundesverband Onlinehandel e.V.
- Evelyn Namara, Founder & GEOVouch Digital
- Esther Eghobamien-Mshelia/Ms Foye Omole, KOWGO project